Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Blast From the Past

I was so excited when just a couple days ago Jenn and Mayling (friends from high school!) came over to hang out at our house...it was so much fun! We ate thai food and I finally got to meet Mayling's husband, Allan. I'm so happy that we have reconnected! Poor Matt was at a meeting, so he wasn't able to see the girls (for the second time), so he is looking forward to getting to hang out with them soon too.

As you can see, Jenn and Mei-mei bonded instantly. Jenn was laughing because Mei-mei means "little sister" in Chinese, and sometimes her family calls her that name too!
We (Mayling, me and Jenn) actually ate at the dining room table, which Matt and I never do! It was the perfect place to talk and catch up.
The girls could not believe how big my belly had grown since they last saw me in July.
Mayling and Allan have been married for almost three years now...they are so cute! Allan seems like a very sweet guy. I'm so happy for them!

Rewind a few months to back to July when I got together with a group of special friends from high school. One of my friends, Khyati, who I've known since the 7th grade, I think, was moving to Chicago, so she had a little going away party and invited a bunch of Wolfson peeps. It was so fun to see all the girls (and one guy too, Sachin)! We had a blast catching up with each other on the last 10 years. It was a fun teaser before our 10-year reunion, which was in August.

Zohra, Leslie, me, Jennifer and Mayling

Leslie, Zohra, Sachin, Jennifer, me, Mayling and Khyati

No comments: